Edgar Cayce's Story of the Early Mayan Civilizationabracad, · Categories: edgar cayce, externally authored
by Doug Simpson
For those readers who are not familiar with Edgar Cayce, I will give you a very brief history of the man regarded by many as America's greatest psychic. Edgar Cayce was born in rural Kentucky on March 18,1877, and passed on in Virginia Beach, Virginia on January 3, 1945. He gave over 15,000 psychic readings in a coma-like trance state and there are copies of over 14,000 of these readings at his Association For Research And Enlightenment, or A.R.E. for short, in Virginia Beach. Approximately 10,000 of these readings were medical readings where in his deep-trance state he diagnosed medical problems and prescribed remedies, including prescriptions which had not yet been invented. Many of these patients who received medical readings had been classified as hopeless by their medical practitioners and had come to Edgar Cayce as a last resort. Over 300 books have been written about Edgar Cayce and his readings, including at least 12 biographies. For more information on Edgar Cayce you should visit the A.R.E. website at www[dot]edgarcayce[dot]org. If you would like to read the article that made Edgar Cayce a national celebrity, go to www[dot]nytimes[dot]com/, then site map or archives, then free articles for October 1910, then look for ILLITERATE MAN BECOMES A DOCTOR WHEN HYPNOTIZED.
With all of the publicity going around today concerning the Mayan prophecies for the year 2012, I thought that this would be an appropriate time to look at the information in a specific Edgar Cayce reading requested on the origin and development of the Mayan civilization. The excerpts below are quoted from Reading 5750-1, taken November 12, 1933. Similar to the Bible, all paragraphs in an Edgar Cayce reading have been assigned a number. Brackets like [DS: ...] include comments by the writer.
1. HLC: [DS: HLC was Hugh Lynn Cayce, Edgar's first born. Hugh Lynn acted as the conductor or guide for this reading. The conductor played an important role in a reading, as poor instructions resulted in incomplete readings.] You will give an historical treatise on the origin and development of the Mayan civilization, answering questions.
5. From time as counted in the present we would turn back to 10,600 years before the Prince of Peace came into the land of promise, and find a civilization being disturbed by corruption from within to such measures that the elements join in bringing devastation to a stiffnecked and adulterous people.
6. With the second and third upheavals in Atlantis, there were individuals who left those lands and came to this particular portion then visible.
9. Then, with the leavings of the civilization in Atlantis (in Poseidia, more specific), Iltar - with a group of followers ... left this land Poseidia, and came westward, entering what would now be a portion of Yucatan. And there began, with the activities of the peoples there, the development into a civilization that rose much in the same matter as that which had been in the Atlantean land. ...
10. The first temples that were erected by Iltar and his followers were destroyed at the period of change physically in the contours of the land. That now being found, and a portion already discovered that has laid in waste for many centuries, was then a combination of those peoples from Mu, Oz and Atlantis.
14. The stones that are circular, that were of the magnetized influence upon which the Spirit of the One spoke to those peoples as they gathered in their service, are of the earliest Atlantean activities in religious service, we would be called today.
16. The pyramid, the altars before the doors of the varied temple activities, was an injection from the people of Oz and Mu; and will be found to be separate portions, and that referred to in the Scripture as high places of family altars, family gods, ...
21. (Q) Have the most important temples and pyramids been discovered?
(A) Those of the first civilization have been discovered, and have not all been opened; but their associations, their connections, are being replaced - or attempting to be rebuilt. Many of the second and third civilization may NEVER be discovered, for these would destroy the present civilization in Mexico to uncover same!
22. (Q) By what power or powers were these early pyramids and temples constructed?
(A) By the lifting forces of those gases that are being used gradually in the present civilization, and by the fine work or activities of those versed in that pertaining to the source from which all power comes.
For, as long as there remains those pure in body, in mind, in activity, to the law of the One God, there is the continued resource for meeting the needs, or for commanding the elements and their activities in the supply of that necessary in such relations.
The reading goes on to explain that the records, in the temple in Atlantis that was destroyed in the final destruction of Atlantis, may yet someday be discovered. Also, the records that will eventually be found in the temple or hall of records in Egypt, and those records contained in the temple erected by Iltar, are, in the words of the in-trance Edgar Cayce, "The RECORDS are ONE."
© Doug Simpson 2010
Edgar Cayce Readings © 1971, 1993-2005 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation. Used by Permission, All Rights Reserved
Doug Simpson is a retired high school teacher from Canada. Retirement has permitted him the opportunity to pursue a second career as a writer and author. He may be contacted at jesuscayce[at]yahoo[dot]com. His website is at [http://]dousimp[dot]mnsi[dot]net.
Filed in: edgar cayce, externally authored